1

Closed

InvalidCastException

description

Getting an error trying to cast a character to a byte. See image.

file attachments

Closed Jul 3, 2011 at 2:55 AM by juliusfriedman

comments

juliusfriedman wrote Jun 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Thanks for the information, I was utilizing ArrayList and I am trying to get away from that by using ByteArrays which do not box.

Most likely this occurs when adding a int or char to the list and then trying to unbox it which should work..

Do you have a small server setup that I can test against? If not I will have to include something in the solution to allow testing of the protocol against the emulator from a webPage.

Thanks for the heads up!

-Jay

juliusfriedman wrote Jun 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM

-- I may also decide to add a ByteArrayList so this is a little more verbose and doesn't use cast.

coolpablo wrote Jun 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I just added a public endpoint we can use for testing connections - please get latest. I'm still seeing a cast exception. I have a feeling this has something to do with the key generation. I wonder if using Guid.NewGuid() might be easier for this stuff?

wrote Jun 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

coolpablo wrote Jun 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I've been testing the connection to pusher.. I finally got it to work (see attached image), however I had to hard code the keys to get it working. Now to figure out how to get the keys working..

coolpablo wrote Jun 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I've been trying to get this working with Pusher.com, but they seem to have some undocumented handshake sequence that happens within their javascript library... I'll continue to research other ways to host a WS server (this shouldn't be so hard :-()

juliusfriedman wrote Jun 28, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I think its because Type does not have a is assignable from that can be used but whatever... I posted a bug and fixed it in the latest sources... I already knew about it and now it came back to "byte" me so to speak!

Anyway thanks for the testing! The key generation is still not 100% yet but its closer than what it was for sure! I will have that working next!

Good Find and Good Commit!

juliusfriedman wrote Jun 28, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Added a big commit which seems to work for me! Unless you tell me otherwise I think are good to go to the next stage!

Hash is working fine!

I am thinking about adding JSON Encoding and Decoding Support!

coolpablo wrote Jun 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I did some minor refactoring to separate the contracts from the implementations, get latest and see commit comments.

coolpablo wrote Jun 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM

JSON encode/decode support would be awesome. It's a really light weight string based protocol that make sense for embedded devices. I noticed someone already doing encoding (but not decoding) here:
http://code.tinyclr.com/project/343/json-generation-library/

wrote Jul 3, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Resolved with changeset 80177.

wrote Feb 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM

wrote May 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM